The required conditions to burn are below. They are also provided on the burning permit issued by the Bureau.
1. The applicant hereby agrees to burn only vegetation and clean, raw, untreated, non-manufactured wood materials on approved burning days only.
2. Burning is only allowed in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, and April subject to the following conditions.
3. Each day before you burn, call the information line after 8:30 a.m., or go online to www.apcb.org to check the burning status.
4. Contact your local fire department each day prior to burning.
5. Only burn if conditions are favorable to burn without creating a nuisance from smoke and ash.
6. Burn piles shall not be larger than 12' x 12' x 12'. Material to be burned is limited to 12 inches in diameter.
7. Do not burn paper, cardboard, OSB, plywood, engineered products, vinyl siding, insulation, treated or painted wood, PVC pipes, tires, stumps, roofing materials, sheet rock, plastics, household garbage, or any other obviously polluting material.
8. Burning is allowed between specific hours on approved burning days. (See permit for hours) The fire shall be completely extinguished by the termination times. No smoldering is allowed after the termination times. Do not used dirt to try to extinguish the fire.
9. The fire shall be attended at all times and the permit must be at the burn site and readily available for inspection.
10. The permit is valid for materials removed and/or generated from the burn site address. The burning of materials from off-site locations are prohibited.
11. This permit can be suspended or revoked at any time by the Director of the Air Pollution Control Bureau.
12. A Forestry Permit must also be obtained between October 15th and April 30th for any burning sites within the unincorporated areas of Hamilton County, Soddy Daisy city limits, and the Lakesite community which occurs within 500 feet of forests, woodlands or grasslands. This permit is issued by the Tennessee Division of Forestry. More information can be found online at www.burnsafetn.org.
WARNING: Non-compliance with any of the above conditions could result in civil penalties up to $25,000 per day.